Thursday, March 25, 2010

Scolded by the CTA

We all know how I feel about drive by parenting...but the CTA has stepped it up a notch.

Yesterday I talked about how the gate locked up on me and I had to run my card through twice. Not a big deal...or so I thought. I received this email from the CTA about my card, and a feature I apparently activated, along with a strong reprimand (or so I read into it, because it makes things more fun that way).

" You recently used the passback feature of Chicago Card Plus. This feature allowed your Chicago Card Plus card to pay the fares of up to seven customers at the same time. The pre-tax dollars reloaded to your account, however, are meant to be used by you only during your commute to and from work. If you would like to continue to use the passback feature you must assign a credit card to your account."

Snooty emphasis to be placed on the phrase "The pre-tax dollars reloaded to your account, however..." Ok. Duh. I know. Blah blah blah it's only for me. I am not nice enough to pay my friends' fares anyhow. How about this:

"You recently forced me to inadvertently use a feature on my Chicago Card Plus that I did not know existed. I do not desire to pay the fares of up to seven customers at the same time. The pre-tax dollars reloaded to my account are, in fact, used for my commute to and from work. I would not like to use the passback feature. I expect my monthly pass to offer me unlimited transit throughout the month, and I would prefer not to get alarmist emails scolding me for using your rail system. Stop eating my money, get your turnstiles working, and we won't have this problem ever again."

I'm going to start drafting my breakup letter to the CTA. Then I'm going to move to Milwaukee.

(Like that's ever going to happen. I'm definitely addicted to the dysfunctional CTA relationship).

No comments:

Post a Comment