Thursday, March 18, 2010

I see the same two high school girls every morning. One member of the pair always has a french braid in her hair...only it looks like she got tired of braiding halfway through. I suppose it would be more appropriate to say she has half a french braid in her hair.

On channel 5 news this morning (which I watch religiously because I definitely have a minor crush on one of the morning news anchors, and the weather man is quirky yet lovable--like your uncle at thanksgiving dinner), one of the headlines was "CTA plans to save money by cleaning buses less often."

Tomorrow's headline will read "Purell sales in Chicago skyrocket after population gets grossed out by bus sanitation." Ew, CTA, ew. Blech.

How does one politely inform a fellow CTA rider that their zipper on their pants isn't zipped up? It's an awkward situation for all. How did you happen to notice the zipper? Who are you anyway? Where can I zip my zipper discreetly? There is no comfortable answer to this.

I think I mentioned a lady a while back who has grown children and is now going back to school. Her husband invented something for KitchenAid but she stayed home for the kids, etc. etc. She's in culinary school now. She carries knives with her everywhere. That's unsettling.

Spring is here for the next couple days at least. The NBC 5 weatherman says it's supposed to snow this weekend but I won't let that steal my joy. Commuting in warm weather is much more enjoyable...even if the buses aren't cleaned as often anymore. (Shudder).

No comments:

Post a Comment