Friday, February 12, 2010

Buy a shovel...or a pair of skates

I have learned many valuable things this winter. I would like to share them with you.

1. Wearing a coat that could double as a sleeping bag is brilliant, no matter how ugly it makes you feel.
2. Long underwear. Enough said.
3. Some bus drivers are nicer than others.
4. When the CTA said they were going to cut schedules...they meant it.
5. CTA updates by text are convenient, but bring out the neurotic tendencies in me.
6. When it snows in Chicago, it REALLY snows.
7. Chicago does not value clearing the roads
8. Sometimes, a snowbank that looks harmless enough will soak you clear up to your knees.
9. Have I mentioned Chicago doesn't plow?
10. If the sidewalks aren't cleared soon, they are going to ice over until March. I'm investing in some skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment